Welcome to Your Poetry Writing Happy Place!
Word Craft Poetry is an uplifting community where poets can learn the basics of writing Japanese and American syllabic poetry by sharing their own poetic inspiration within a weekly poetry challenge called #TankaTuesday.
Participants submit their poetry written in one of these forms: haiku, senryu, haiga, tanka, gogyohka, haibun, tanka prose, renga, solo renga, cinquain, and its variations, Etheree, nonet, shadorma, badger hexastich, and Abhanga; or a form from the poetscollective.org. Poets receive positive feedback from peers who inspire each other to stretch their creativity. Participants and readers return each week to celebrate the weekly poetry stars recap each Monday.
Click the images below to connect with the poetry challenge resources. Now, let’s craft some syllabic poetry together!
#TankaTuesday Poetry Crafting Resources
Poetry Challenge Rules
Learn the rules to craft syllabic poetry.
Poetry Challenge Cheat Sheet
All the forms with additional links in one place.
#TankaTuesday Poet’s Book Gallery
Links to books written by our poetry community
Find additional syllabic forms to write on poetscollective.org.
Optional Poetry Forms
Detailed information on some optional forms. Check out the NEW poetry forms created by our poets HERE.
Learn more about rhyme schemes used in syllabic poetry.
Unicorn Cats Publishing Services offers eBook & print book publishing services to authors and poets. I want to help authors create beautiful books that you can be proud of. From your edited manuscript, I can create a digital eBook and print book ready for you to upload to Amazon. Unicorn Cats Publishing Services will help you turn your dreams into reality. LEARN MORE…
Thanks so much, Gwen.
Wonderful, as always, Colleen. Thank you so much.
Late to the party – enjoying autumn here: pining hunter
Jude, this is lovely and mysterious. I believe in angel numbers! 💜
- #TankaTuesday Weekly Poetry Challenge No. 292, 10/4/22: #Tastetherainbow-Color PoetryHello everyone. Happy October! My favorite month is finally here!! This week, choose your own syllabic form and a color to feature in your syllabic poem. Think about the different ways you can use color in a poem. 💜 💜 💜 Color Meanings – The Power and Symbolism of Colors Color Symbolism in Literature: WhatContinue reading “#TankaTuesday Weekly Poetry Challenge No. 292, 10/4/22: #Tastetherainbow-Color Poetry”
- #TankaTuesday #Poetry Stars No. 291 | #ThemePromptWelcome to our weekly poetry stars’ celebration. This week’s challenge was to write our choice of syllabic poem, using a form from the cheat sheet or a syllabic form from the Poetscollective.org, using the theme prompt from Sangeetha: ⚡️The Nature of Lightning⚡️ Many thanks to everyone who joined in below: 1. ladyleemanila 9. Li/ Lisa 17. SylviaContinue reading “#TankaTuesday #Poetry Stars No. 291 | #ThemePrompt”
- Colleen’s Coffee Klatch: Jaye Marie, @JayeDawes2Hello everyone! Welcome to Colleen’s Coffee Klatch. Where I grew up, the Kaffee klatsch was all the rage. Folks (mostly women) would get together, share a cup of coffee, and catch up on their lives. Before I go on, please know the Coffee Klatch posts have moved to my author blog HERE, but I’m postingContinue reading “Colleen’s Coffee Klatch: Jaye Marie, @JayeDawes2”
- #TANKATUESDAY Weekly #POETRY CHALLENGE NO. 291, 9/27/22, #THEMEPROMPTWELCOME TO TANKA TUESDAY! Here we are for another #TankaTuesday poetry challenge! Are you ready for a theme prompt? Sangeetha from Mindfills blog selected this month’s theme: ⚡️The Nature of Lightning ⚡️ Use the above theme to write your choice of syllabic poem. Here are some sites that will help you write your poetry andContinue reading “#TANKATUESDAY Weekly #POETRY CHALLENGE NO. 291, 9/27/22, #THEMEPROMPT”
- #TankaTuesday #Poetry Stars No. 290 |#Ekphrastic #photoPromptWelcome to our weekly poetry stars’ celebration. For this week’s challenge, Britta Benson selected a photo from her personal collection. Now, I know some of you had issues with the photo of this sculpture. No matter what you think of the double skulls, the theme of death is present in the photo. Death is a partContinue reading “#TankaTuesday #Poetry Stars No. 290 |#Ekphrastic #photoPrompt”