Welcome to Your Poetry Writing Happy Place!
Word Craft Poetry is an uplifting community where poets can learn the basics of writing Japanese and American syllabic poetry by sharing their own poetic inspiration within a weekly poetry challenge called #TankaTuesday.
Participants submit their poetry written in one of these forms: haiku, senryu, haiga, tanka, gogyohka, haibun, tanka prose, renga, solo renga, cinquain, and its variations, Etheree, nonet, shadorma, badger hexastich, and Abhanga; or a form from the poetscollective.org. Poets receive positive feedback from peers who inspire each other to stretch their creativity. Participants and readers return each week to celebrate the weekly poetry stars recap each Monday.
Click the images below to connect with the poetry challenge resources. Now, let’s craft some syllabic poetry together!
#TankaTuesday Poetry Crafting Resources
Poetry Challenge Rules
Learn the rules to craft syllabic poetry.
Poetry Challenge Cheat Sheet
All the forms with additional links in one place.
#TankaTuesday Poet’s Book Gallery
Links to books written by our poetry community
Find additional syllabic forms to write on poetscollective.org.
Optional Poetry Forms
Detailed information on some otional forms. Check out the NEW poetry forms created by our poets HERE.
Learn more about rhyme schemes used in syllabic poetry.
Unicorn Cats Publishing Services offers eBook & print book publishing services to authors and poets. I want to help authors create beautiful books that you can be proud of. From your edited manuscript, I can create a digital eBook and print book ready for you to upload to Amazon. Unicorn Cats Publishing Services will help you turn your dreams into reality. LEARN MORE…
Oh I gathered that from Facebook! <3
I’m sorry I missed it, but I look forward to reading the winning poems. Good luck, everyone! 🙂
- The Word Craft Syllabic Poetry Contest Has EndedIf you’re reading this… the Syllabic Poetry Contest has ended. It’s now, June 27, 2022, and I’m on vacation for an entire week! See you on Tuesday, July 5th, for a new #TankaTuesday Poetry Challenge. The results of the contest will be announced on July 13, 2022. The three winners will be notified by email. …
- The Word Craft Poetry Syllabic Poetry Contest: #TankaProseHappy Summer Solstice! Welcome to the Word Craft Poetry Syllabic Poetry Contest held to honor the Summer Solstice. Last year, JulesPaige and I sponsored the first Word Weaving Poetry Journal. It was a great success. As promised, the royalties from the sale of the journal from 2021 go toward three prizes of $35.00 for 1st …
- ⭐️#TankaTuesday #Poetry Stars No. 278 | #SpecificForm: tanka proseWelcome to our weekly poetry stars’ celebration. This week’s challenge was to write tanka prose. There is a ton of information in this post. Please READ through to the end. We’re coming up on the six-year anniversary of #TankaTuesday in August, and I’m sure by now everyone knows how to craft their own tanka prose. REMEMBER… …
- ☀️The Word Craft Syllabic Poetry Contest is Coming…☀️The Summer Solstice, also known as the longest day of the year, falls on June 21st. In the Northern Hemisphere, this event will occur at 5:14am Eastern, on Tuesday June 21st.To mark this auspicious occasion, Word Craft Poetry presents its first syllabic poetry contest. Sign up below for my daily blog email to stay in …
- COLLEEN’S #BOOK #REVIEWS “Tell Me a Story: in 99 words,” BY AUTHOR, Annette Rochelle Aben, @YouAreTheExpertFeaturing Your Next Weekend Read! About this Book It has been a desire of mine since I was a young person to write stories. I had to start somewhere, so I chose to start by writing very short stories.That bring said, I welcome you to a collection of short stories, very short stories as each …