WELCOME TO TANKA TUESDAY!
This challenge explores Ekphrastic poetry, inspired by visual art or photographs. Reena provided a piece of her artwork for this month’s challenge. There’s plenty of imagery in her art, and it’s a great inspiration to write your poem. Remember what you’ve learned about the psychology of color in your poetry.
Write your poem using a syllabic form from the cheat sheet or from the poetscollective.org/poetryforms. Here is more information on how to write an Ekphrastic poem: How Do You Write an Ekphrastic Poem.
“Ekphrastic poems exist to respond to a piece of art critically, analytically, and reverentially.”Ekphrastic poetry explained
On the Monday before the next challenge, I will select a poem from this week’s challenge to feature on the Monday recap. That poet will then choose the piece of artwork or a photograph (credits included) for next month’s challenge! Email your selection to me at firstname.lastname@example.org, a week before the challenge. Thank you.
Here are some sites that will help you write your poetry and count syllables:
A simple yet powerful syllable counter for poems and text which will count the total number of syllables and number of syllable per line for poems like haikus, limericks, and more. (Be careful, sometimes this site is off in the count. Double check your syllables. SodaCoffee.com/syllables shows a 404 page).
This site even has a link so you can install the extension on Google Chrome.
For Synonyms and Antonyms. When your word has too many syllables, find one that works.
- Write your choice of a syllabic poem from the cheat sheet or from the poetscollective.org/poetryforms.
- Post it on your blog.
- Include a link back to the challenge in your post. (copy the https:// address of this post into your post).
- Copy your link into the Mr. Linky below (underlined with a hyperlink).
- Please click the small checkbox on Mr. Linky about data protection.
- Read and comment on some of your fellow poets’ work.
- Like and leave a comment below if you choose to do so.
Follow the schedule listed below:
Upcoming #TankaTuesday Prompt Poets
💜 September Specific Form: Jules
💚 July Photo Prompt: Willow
💛 July Theme Prompt: Harmony