WELCOME TO #TANKATUESDAY!
This challenge explores Ekphrastic poetry, inspired by visual art or photographs. Willow provided the photo for this month’s challenge. Now, we can see this is a statue, so get creative and think about what this statue could represent. Think about imagery and symbolism… then select a form and craft your poem!
Write your poem using a syllabic form from the cheat sheet or from the poetscollective.org/poetryforms. Here is more information on how to write an Ekphrastic poem: How Do You Write an Ekphrastic Poem.
“Ekphrastic poems exist to respond to a piece of art critically, analytically, and reverentially.”Ekphrastic poetry explained
On the Monday before the next challenge, I will select a poem from this week’s challenge to feature on the Monday recap. That poet will then choose the piece of artwork or a photograph (credits included) for next month’s challenge! Email your selection to me at firstname.lastname@example.org, a week before the challenge. Thank you.
Here are some sites that will help you write your poetry and count syllables:
A simple yet powerful syllable counter for poems and text which will count the total number of syllables and number of syllable per line for poems like haikus, limericks, and more.
This site even has a link so you can install the extension on Google Chrome.
For Synonyms and Antonyms. When your word has too many syllables, find one that works.
- Write your choice of syllabic poem from the cheat sheet or from the poetscollective.org/poetryforms.
- Post it on your blog.
- Include a link back to the challenge in your post. (copy the https:// address of this post into your post).
- Copy your link into the Mr. Linky below (underlined with a hyperlink).
- Please click the small checkbox on Mr. Linky about data protection.
- Read and comment on some of your fellow poets’ work.
- Like and leave a comment below if you choose to do so.
Follow the schedule listed below:
Upcoming #TankaTuesday Prompt Poets
💜 August Specific Form: Yvette
💚 July Photo Prompt: Willow
💛 July Theme Prompt: Harmony