WELCOME TO TANKA TUESDAY!
This is a photo of David’s father. Please be aware that he is no longer with us. David dedicated his blog to his father’s memory. You can read more about his journey HERE. With that being said, take a deep look at this photo. Don’t describe what we all can see. Look into the camera lens… what do YOU see? What is revealed to you? Now, write your syllabic poem.
Write your poem using a syllabic form from the cheat sheet or from the poetscollective.org/poetryforms. Here is more information on how to write an Ekphrastic poem: How Do You Write an Ekphrastic Poem.
“Ekphrastic poems exist to respond to a piece of art critically, analytically, and reverentially.”Ekphrastic poetry explained
On the Monday before the next challenge, I will select a poem from this week’s challenge to feature on the Monday recap. That poet will then choose the piece of artwork or a photograph (credits included) for next month’s challenge! Email your selection to me at email@example.com, a week before the challenge. Thank you.
Here are some impressive sites that will help you write your poetry and count syllables:
A simple yet powerful syllable counter for poems and text which will count the total number of syllables and number of syllable per line for poems like haikus, limericks, and more.
This site even has a link so you can install the extension on Google Chrome.
For Synonyms and Antonyms. When your word has too many syllables, find one that works.
- Write your choice of a syllabic poem using a form from the cheat sheet or from the poetscollective.org/poetryforms.
- Post it on your blog.
- Include a link back to the challenge in your post. (copy the https:// address of this post into your post).
- Copy your link into the Mr. Linky below (underlined with a hyperlink).
- Please click the small checkbox on Mr. Linky about data protection.
- Read and comment on some of your fellow poets’ work.
- Like and leave a comment below if you choose to do so.
Follow the schedule listed below:
Interested in self-publishing your poetry book? Learn how my services can help you make your dreams come true: HERE.