WELCOME TO TANKA TUESDAY!
Are you ready for a theme prompt? Yvette M. Calleiro from last month’s challenge picked the theme:
This month’s theme is:
Beginnings & Endings
This is an excellent article on writing poetry! Have a read… you never know what you will learn!
Here are some sites that will help you write your poetry and count syllables:
Not sure how to write syllabic poetry? READ THIS FIRST: How to Start Crafting Syllabic Poetry
Word Craft: Prose & Poetry – The Art of Crafting Syllabic Poetry
- Write a poem based on the above theme using a syllabic form of your choice found on the cheat sheet OR from the Poetscollective.org using the theme above.
- *USE sodacoffee.com/syllables to count your syllables. That way, we are all using the same syllable counter.
- Post it on your blog. Include a link back to the challenge in your post. (copy the https:// address of this post into your post).
- Copy the https:// address link of your published post into the Mr. Linky below (underlined with a hyperlink).
- Please click the small checkbox on Mr. Linky about data protection.
- Read and comment on some of your fellow poets’ work.
- Like and leave a comment below if you choose to do so.
Follow the 2022 schedule listed below:
Now, have fun and write some syllabic poetry!
Follow Me on Social Media...