WELCOME TO TANKA TUESDAY!
Are you ready for a theme prompt? I selected the theme for this month. On Monday’s recap, I’ll select someone to choose a theme for February 2022.
This month’s theme is:
Memories: sweet & sour
Write your syllabic poetry based on memories: sweet & sour, which means your poetry must contain these concepts. Be creative. Remember, more than one stanza of the shorter syllabic forms will give you more room to expound. Have fun!
Here are some sites that will help you write your poetry and count syllables:
Not sure how to write syllabic poetry? READ THIS FIRST: How to craft Syllabic Poetry
Word Craft: Prose & Poetry – The Art of Crafting Syllabic Poetry
- Write a poem based on the above theme using a syllabic form of your choice found on the cheat sheet OR from the Poetscollective.org using the theme above.
- *USE sodacoffee.com/syllables to count your syllables. That way, we are all using the same syllable counter.
- Post it on your blog. Include a link back to the challenge in your post. (copy the https:// address of this post into your post).
- Copy the https:// address link of your published post into the Mr. Linky below (underlined with a hyperlink).
- Please click the small checkbox on Mr. Linky about data protection.
- Read and comment on some of your fellow poets’ work.
- Like and leave a comment below if you choose to do so.
Follow the 2022 schedule listed below: