WELCOME TO TANKA TUESDAY!
It’s Thanksgiving week in America and I know we all have plenty to be thankful for. I know I’m thankful for poetry and our challenges. Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! ❤
Are you ready for a theme prompt? Eugi, from last month’s challenge, picked the theme for this month.
This month’s theme is:
🦃 Festive 🦃
Just because I added a bunch of turkeys and thanksgiving themed items to the post doesn’t mean you have to write about this holiday. The theme is “festive.” Think about what festive means to you. ❤
Here are some sites that will help you write your poetry and count syllables:
Not sure how to write syllabic poetry? READ THIS FIRST: How to Start Crafting Syllabic Poetry
Word Craft: Prose & Poetry – The Art of Crafting Syllabic Poetry
- Write a syllabic poem based on the above theme using a syllabic form of your choice found on the cheat sheet OR from the Poetscollective.org.
- Post it on your blog.
- Include a link back to the challenge in your post. (copy the https:// address of this post into your post).
- Copy your link into the Mr. Linky below (underlined with a hyperlink).
- Please click the small checkbox on Mr. Linky about data protection.
- Read and comment on some of your fellow poets’ work.
- Like and leave a comment below if you choose to do so.
Follow the 2021 schedule listed below:
Here are my thoughts about sharing posts on Twitter: If you like it, do it. However, we are all friends here. Time is at a premium for all of us. If I share your poetry, you do not have to waste the time sending me a reply to thank me for sharing your post. I spend over two hours a day thanking everyone for sharing my posts. I’d rather spend that time writing poetry. So, for our challenge, let’s share, but we don’t have to say thank you to retweets. Your retweet already shows you care. ❤