WELCOME TO TANKA TUESDAY!
We’re celebrating the 5th Birthday of #TankaTuesday! Join in and write some syllabic poetry!
It’s the fourth week of the month! Are you ready for a theme prompt? Eugi (Franci Hoffman) from last month’s challenge picked the theme:
This month’s theme is:
The Harvest Moon
On the Monday before the next challenge, I’ll select someone to choose next month’s theme.
Here are some sites that will help you write your poetry and count syllables:
Not sure how to write syllabic poetry? READ THIS FIRST: How to Start Crafting Syllabic Poetry
Word Craft: Prose & Poetry – The Art of Crafting Syllabic Poetry
- Write a poem using a syllabic form of your choice found on the cheat sheet OR from the Poetscollective.org using the theme above.
- Post it on your blog.
- Include a link back to the challenge in your post. (copy the https:// address of this post into your post).
- Copy your link into the Mr. Linky below (underlined with a hyperlink).
- Please click the small checkbox on Mr. Linky about data protection.
- Read and comment on some of your fellow poets’ work.
- Like and leave a comment below if you choose to do so.
Follow the monthly schedule listed below:
I will visit your blog, comment, and TWEET your POETRY on @SyllabicPoetry
If you add hashtags to the post TITLE on your blog (depending on which poetry form you use) we can find your poetry on social media.
Search #TankaTuesday to find the tweets! Add a # to the name of the form you created in the title of your post.
Now, have fun and write some syllabic poetry!
Follow Me on Social Media...