WELCOME TO TANKA TUESDAY!
It’s the fourth week of the month! Are you ready for a theme prompt? Jules from last month’s challenge picked the theme.
This month’s theme is:
On the Monday before the next challenge, I’ll select someone to choose next month’s theme.
For Colleen’s Weekly Poetry Challenge, you can write your poem in the forms defined on the Poetry Challenge Cheatsheet:
Here are some great sites that will help you write your poetry and count syllables
This site even has a link so you can install the extension on Google Chrome.
For Synonyms and Antonyms. When your word has too many syllables, find one that works.
Find out how many syllables each word has. I use this site to compose my poems. A simple yet very powerful syllable counter for poems and text which will count the total number of syllables and number of syllable per line for poems like haikus, limericks, and more.
- Write a poem using a form of your choice: #Haiku, #Senryu, #Haiga, #Gogyohka, #Tanka, #TankaProse, #Renga, #Solo-Renga, #Haibun, #Chōka, #Cinquain and it’s variations, #Etheree, #Nonet, #Shadorma, #Badger Hexastich, #Abhanga, & the optional forms: #Diatelle, #The Kerf
- Post it on your blog.
- Include a link back to the challenge in your post. (copy the https:// address of this post into your post).
- Copy your link into the Mr. Linky below (underlined with a hyperlink).
- Please click the small checkbox on Mr. Linky about data protection.
- Read and comment on some of your fellow poets’ work.
- Like and leave a comment below if you choose to do so.
Follow the monthly schedule listed below:
I will visit your blog, comment, and TWEET your POETRY.
If you add these hashtags to the post TITLE on your blog (depending on which poetry form you use) your poetry may be viewed more often on Twitter:
Now, have fun and write some poetry!
Follow Me on Social Media...