WELCOME TO TANKA TUESDAY!
Welcome! Check out the NEW main menu item: Poetry Book Publishing Links to find poetry book publishing links, including links to literary journals and poetry magazines accepting submissions of poetry. If you know of a link to add to this list, let me know by email to email@example.com. ❤
This week, SALLY CRONIN selected the words:
Eager & Hope
Remember… You must use synonyms for these two words in your poem, don’t use the words themselves. Check your poetry forms… Japanese poetry has rules. Review the cheat sheet below. <3
For the Tanka Tuesday Poetry Challenge, you can write your poem in the forms defined on the Poetry Challenge Cheat sheet below:
Here are some sites that will help you write your poetry and count syllables
This site even has a link so you can install the extension on Google Chrome.
For Synonyms and Antonyms. When your word has too many syllables, find one that works.
Find out how many syllables each word has.
This site does the hard work for you. It’s up and working again.
- Write a poem using one of these forms: Haiku, Senryu, Haiga, Tanka, Gogyohka, Haibun, Tanka Prose, Cinquain, and its variations, Etheree, Nonet, Shadorma, Badger Hexastich (hexastich for short), and Abhanga. Don’t forget the Diatelle, which is an optional form found here.
- Post it on your blog.
- Include a link back to the challenge in your post. (copy the https:// address of this post into your post).
- Copy your link into the Mr. Linky below (underlined with a hyperlink).
- Please click the small checkbox on Mr. Linky about data protection.
- Read and comment on some of your fellow poets’ work.
- Like and leave a comment below if you choose to do so.
Follow the schedule listed below:
I will visit your blog, comment, and TWEET your POETRY.
If you add these hashtags to the post TITLE on your blog (depending on which poetry form you use) your poetry may be viewed more often on Twitter:
#Haiku, #Senryu, #Haiga, #Gogyohka, #Tanka, #TankaProse, #Renga, #SoloRenga, #micropoetry, #poetry, #5lines, #Haibun, #Prose, #CinquainPoetry, #Etheree, #Nonet, #Shadorma, #Badger Hexastich, #Abhanga, #Diatelle
Now, have fun and write some syllabic poetry!
Follow Me on Social Media...