WEEKLY #TANKA TUESDAY #POETRY CHALLENGE NO. 213 #EKPHRASTIC #PHOTOPROMPT
WELCOME TO TANKA TUESDAY!
It’s the third week of the month! Time for an Ekphrastic #PhotoPrompt
This challenge explores Ekphrastic writing inspired by visual art (photographs). I selected the image for this month’s challenge, but I’ll choose someone from the recap to pick the image for next month.
Hello Word Crafters! I believe I fixed the problem with WP and the interactions with the Safari browser. It was partially theme related, and partially Safari related.
Although I didn’t choose a painting this week, I want you to write your poetry using the psychology of color. You can take the image at face value, choose a specific color in the rainbow umbrella to write about, or write about the lack of color. However, you interpret this image is up to you… just make sure to incorporate the psychology of color.
For the Tanka Tuesday Weekly Poetry Challenge, you can write your poem in the forms defined on the Poetry Challenge Cheatsheet (click the link below):
Here are some sites that will help you write your poetry and count syllables:
A simple yet powerful syllable counter for poems and text which will count the total number of syllables and number of syllable per line for poems like haikus, limericks, and more.
This site even has a link so you can install the extension on Google Chrome.
For Synonyms and Antonyms. When your word has too many syllables, find one that works.
This site does the hard work for you. It’s up and working again.
- Write a poem using a form of your choice: Haiku, Senryu, Haiga, Tanka, Gogyohka, Haibun, Tanka Prose, Renga, Solo-Renga, Cinquain, and its variations, Etheree, Nonet, Shadorma, Badger hexastich, and Abhanga. The first of the month challenge, you can write whatever syllabic form you choose, but not this challenge.
- Post it on your blog.
- Include a link back to the challenge in your post. (copy the https:// address of this post into your post).
- Copy your published post link into the Mr. Linky below (underlined with a hyperlink).
- Please click the small checkbox on Mr. Linky about data protection.
- Read and comment on some of your fellow poets’ work.
- Like and leave a comment below if you choose to do so.
I will visit your blog, comment, and TWEET your POETRY.
If you add these hashtags to the post TITLE on your blog (depending on which poetry form you use) your poetry may be viewed more often on Twitter:
#Haiku, #Senryu, #Haiga, #Gogyohka, #Tanka, #TankaProse, #Renga, #Solo-Renga, #micropoetry, #poetry, #5lines, #Haibun, #Prose, #CinquainPoetry, #Etheree, #Nonet, #Shadorma, #BadgerHexastich, #Abhanga
Have fun and write some #photoprompt poetry!