WELCOME TO TANKA TUESDAY!
Here are your two words:
PAST & PRESENT
For Colleen’s Weekly Poetry Challenge, you can write your poem in the forms defined on the Poetry Challenge Cheat sheet below:
Don’t forget! You can use the Badger Hexastitch form if you want to experiment. I suggested two opposite words for you to find synonyms for. This form is written in 6 lines, with a syllable count of 2/4/6/6/4/2. The form is unrhymed with optional rising and falling end-words, which I think adds an interesting twist. Until I get this added to the cheatsheet, please read my discussion of this form HERE.
Here are some sites that will help you write your poetry and count syllables
This site even has a link so you can install the extension on Google Chrome.
For Synonyms and Antonyms. When your word has too many syllables, find one that works.
Find out how many syllables each word has. I’ve been using this site to compose my poems. This site does the hard work for you. (howmanysyllables.com has malicious code on it. DO NOT use)
THE *NEW* RULES
- Write a poem using a form of your choice: Haiku, Senryu, Haiga, Tanka, Gogyohka, Haibun, Tanka Prose, Renga, Solo Renga, Cinquain, and its variations, Etheree, Nonet, Shadorma, and Badger Hexastitch.
- Post it on your blog.
- Include a link back to the challenge in your post. (copy the https:// address of this post into your post).
- Copy your link into the Mr. Linky below (underlined with a hyperlink).
- Please click the small checkbox on Mr. Linky about data protection.
- Read and comment on some of your fellow poets’ work.
- Like and leave a comment below if you choose to do so.
I will visit your blog, comment, and TWEET your POETRY.
If you add these hashtags to the post TITLE on your blog (depending on which poetry form you use) your poetry may be viewed more often on Twitter:
#Haiku, #Senryu, #Haiga, #Gogyohka, #Tanka, #TankaProse, #Renga, #SoloRenga, #micropoetry, #poetry, #5lines, #Haibun, #Prose, #CinquainPoetry, #Etheree, #Nonet, #Shadorma, #BadgerHexastitch