#Tanka Tuesday #Poetry Challenge No. 206 #SynonymsOnly
WELCOME TO TANKA TUESDAY!
This week, Kerfe Roig selected the words:
“mingle and drift“
PLEASE support the other poets by visiting blogs and leaving comments. Peer reviews help poets perfect their writing craft. Remember… sharing is caring.
For Colleen’s Weekly Poetry Challenge, you can write your poem in the forms defined on the Poetry Challenge Cheat sheet below:
Here are some sites that will help you write your poetry and count syllables
This site even has a link so you can install the extension on Google Chrome.
For Synonyms and Antonyms. When your word has too many syllables, find one that works.
Find out how many syllables each word has. I’ve been using this site to compose my poems. This site does the hard work for you. (howmanysyllables.com has malicious code on it. DO NOT use)
- Write a poem using a form of your choice: Haiku, Senryu, Haiga, Tanka, Gogyohka, Haibun, Tanka Prose, Renga, Solo-Renga, Cinquain, and its variations, Etheree, Nonet, and Shadorma.
- Post it on your blog.
- Include a link back to the challenge in your post. (copy the https:// address of this post into your post).
- Copy your link into the Mr. Linky below (underlined with a hyperlink).
- Please click the small checkbox on Mr. Linky about data protection.
- Read and comment on some of your fellow poets’ work.
- Like and leave a comment below if you choose to do so.
Follow the schedule listed below:
Please note: I have plans to change the challenge in January 2021. My move will impact my hosting of Tanka Tuesday. As it stands, the December 29, challenge will be the last one of the year. I will not be able to do the Poetry Stars post that week.
Tanka Tuesday will resume January 18, 2021. I’ll miss all of you, but this will give me a chance to move. If I don’t have Wi-Fi yet, the challenge will have to wait another week until January 25, 2021.
Meanwhile, if you add these hashtags to the post TITLE on your blog (depending on which poetry form you use) your poetry may be viewed more often on Twitter:
#Haiku, #Senryu, #Haiga, #Gogyohka, #Tanka, #TankaProse, #Renga, #Solo–Renga, #micropoetry, #poetry, #5lines, #Haibun, #Prose, #CinquainPoetry, #Etheree, #Nonet, #Shadorma
Please follow me on my author blog: colleenchesebro.com where I publish my poetry and flash fiction. Thanks. ❤