#TANKATUESDAY #POETRY CHALLENGE NO. 202, #SYNONYMSONLY
WELCOME TO TANKA TUESDAY!
This week, Kat Myrman, from Like Mercury Colliding, selected the words:
Imagine & Gratitude
On the Monday before the next challenge, I’ll select a poem and share it on my blog as part of the Weekly Poetry Challenge Stars. Whoever I pick will choose the words for next month’s challenge!
For Colleen’s Weekly Poetry Challenge, you can write your poem in the forms defined on the Poetry Challenge Cheat sheet below:
Here are some sites that will help you write your poetry and count syllables
This site even has a link so you can install the extension on Google Chrome.
For Synonyms and Antonyms. When your word has too many syllables, find one that works.
Find out how many syllables each word has. I’ve been using this site to compose my poems. This site does the hard work for you. (howmanysyllables.com has malicious code on it. DO NOT use)
- Write a poem using a form of your choice: #Haiku, #Senryu, #Haiga, #Gogyohka, #Tanka, #TankaProse, #Renga, #SoloRenga, #Haibun, #Prose, #CinquainPoetry, #Etheree, #Nonet, or #Shadorma.
- Post it on your blog.
- Include a link back to the challenge in your post. (copy the https:// address of this post into your post).
- Copy your link into the Mr. Linky below (underlined with a hyperlink).
- Please click the small checkbox on Mr. Linky about data protection.
- Read and comment on some of your fellow poets’ work.
- Like and leave a comment below if you choose to do so.
Follow the schedule listed below:
I will visit your blog, comment, and TWEET your POETRY.
If you add these hashtags to the post TITLE on your blog (depending on which poetry form you use) your poetry may be viewed more often on Twitter:
#Haiku, #Senryu, #Haiga, #Gogyohka, #Tanka, #TankaProse, #Renga, #SoloRenga, #micropoetry, #poetry, #5lines, #Haibun, #Prose, #CinquainPoetry, #Etheree, #Nonet, #Shadorma