WELCOME TO TANKA TUESDAY!
HAPPY HALLOWEEN WEEK
I’ve asked the experts to put a poetry writing spell on you! This is our 200th Tanka Tuesday Poetry Challenge! Happy Poetry Writing!
It’s the fourth week of the month! Are you ready for a theme prompt? Marsha Ingrao from last month’s challenge picked the theme.
This month’s theme is:
On the Monday before the next challenge, I’ll select someone to choose next month’s theme.
For Colleen’s Weekly Poetry Challenge, you can write your poem in the forms defined on the Poetry Challenge Cheatsheet:
Here are some great sites that will help you write your poetry and count syllables
This site even has a link so you can install the extension on Google Chrome.
For Synonyms and Antonyms. When your word has too many syllables, find one that works.
Find out how many syllables each word has. I use this site to compose my poems. You can cut and paste your poetry into the box. Click the Count Syllables button below the box. This site does the hard work for you.
- Write a poem using a form of your choice: Haiku, Senryu, Haiga, Tanka, Gogyohka, Haibun, Tanka Prose, Cinquain, and its variations, Ehteree, Nonet, and Shadorma.
- Post it on your blog.
- Include a link back to the challenge in your post. (copy the https:// address of this post into your post).
- Copy your link into the Mr. Linky below (underlined with a hyperlink).
- Please click the small checkbox on Mr. Linky about data protection.
- Read and comment on some of your fellow poets’ work.
- Like and leave a comment below if you choose to do so.
Follow the monthly schedule listed below:
I will visit your blog, comment, and TWEET your POETRY.
If you add these hashtags to the post TITLE on your blog (depending on which poetry form you use) your poetry may be viewed more often on Twitter:
#Haiku, #Senryu, #Haiga, #Tanka, #micropoetry, #poetry, #5lines, #Haibun, #Prose, #CinquainPoetry, #Etheree, #Nonet, #Shadorma #Gogyohka, #TankaProse