WELCOME TO TANKA TUESDAY!
Happy Mabon! Today is the Autumnal Equinox!
This month’s theme is:
The Night Sky
On the Monday before the next challenge, I’ll select a poem and share it on my blog as part of the Weekly Poetry Challenge Stars. Whoever I pick will choose the words for next month’s challenge!
For Colleen’s Weekly Poetry Challenge, you can write your poem in the forms defined on the Poetry Challenge Cheatsheet:
Click HERE to visit the forms to use for this challenge
PLEASE NOTE: I did add the Renga and the Solo Renga forms to the cheatsheet.
Here are some sites that will help you write your poetry and count syllables
This site even has a link so you can install the extension on Google Chrome.
For Synonyms and Antonyms. When your word has too many syllables, find one that works.
A simple yet very powerful syllable counter for poems and text which will count the total number of syllables and number of syllable per line for poems like haikus, limericks, and more. This site does the hard work for you.
- Write a poem using one of these forms: Haiku, Senryu, Haiga, Tanka, Gogyohka, Haibun, Tanka Prose, Renga, Cinquain and its variations, Etheree, Nonet, and Shadorma.
- Post it on your blog.
- Include a link back to the challenge in your post. (copy the https:// address of this post into your post).
- Copy your link into the Mr. Linky below (underlined with a hyperlink).
- Please click the small checkbox on Mr. Linky about data protection.
- Read and comment on some of your fellow poets’ work.
- Like and leave a comment below if you choose to do so.
Follow the monthly schedule listed below:
I will visit your blog, comment, and TWEET your POETRY.
If you add these hashtags to the post TITLE on your blog (depending on which poetry form you use) your poetry may be viewed more often on Twitter:
#Haiku, #Senryu, #Haiga, #Tanka, #Gogyohka, #Haibun, #Tanka Prose, #Renga, #Solo Renga, #CinquainPoetry, #Etheree, #Nonet, #Shadorma, #micropoetry, #poetry, #5lines,
By clicking submit, you agree to share your email address with Word Craft ~ Prose & Poetry to receive a weekly blog recap of posts, marketing, updates, and other emails from colleenchesebro.com. It really is the best way to never miss another poetry challenge post again! Use the unsubscribe link in those emails to opt-out.