WELCOME TO TANKA TUESDAY!
It’s the third week of the month! Time for an Ekphrastic #PhotoPrompt
On the Monday before the next challenge, I will pick a poem from this week’s challenge and share it on my blog. Whoever I pick will choose the photo for next month’s challenge! Email your selection to me at firstname.lastname@example.org a week before the challenge. Please include the photo credit and the link to the photographer. Thank you!
For Colleen’s Weekly Poetry Challenge, you can write your poem in the forms defined on the Poetry Challenge Cheatsheet (click the link below):
Here are some impressive sites that will help you write your poetry and count syllables:
A simple yet powerful syllable counter for poems and text which will count the total number of syllables and number of syllable per line for poems like haikus, limericks, and more.
This site even has a link so you can install the extension on Google Chrome.
For Synonyms and Antonyms. When your word has too many syllables, find one that works.
THE *NEW* RULES
- Write a poem using a form of your choice: Haiku, Senryu, Haiga, Tanka, Gogyohka, Haibun, Tanka Prose, Cinquain, and its variations, Etheree, Nonet, and Shadorma.
- Post it on your blog.
- Include a link back to the challenge in your post. (copy the https:// address of this post into your post).
- Copy your link into the Mr. Linky below (underlined with a hyperlink).
- Please click the small checkbox on Mr. Linky about data protection.
- Read and comment on some of your fellow poets’ work.
- Like and leave a comment below if you choose to do so.
Follow the schedule listed below:
I will visit your blog, comment, and TWEET your POETRY.
If you add these hashtags to the post TITLE on your blog (depending on which poetry form you use) your poetry may be viewed more often on Twitter:
#Haiku, #Senryu, #Haiga, #Gogyohka, #Tanka, #TankaProse, #micropoetry, #poetry, #5lines, #Haibun, #Prose, #CinquainPoetry, #Etheree, #Nonet, #Shadorma
Are you missing my poetry challenge posts? Search for me in the WordPress Reader or…
Subscribe to my Weekly Blog Update Email. By clicking submit, you agree to share your email address with Word Craft ~ Prose & Poetry to receive marketing, updates, and other emails from colleenchesebro.com. Use the unsubscribe link in those emails to opt out.
So, who wants to have fun and write some poetry?
Follow Me on Social Media...