The time of darkness is almost upon us,
as swirling fog, damp with moisture clings
to deep black silhouettes of trees
starkly lit by the greyness of the evening sky.
Night birds scatter – inky shadows flitting about
nearing the barren edges of the slough,
as falling leaves shower the grasses
stirring in the cool drafts of the night.
Darkness descends, a blanket of ebony gloom
enveloping and protecting, holding her tight
as the weeping lady sings lyrics dipped in fright
glorifying her impending doom.
(Photo credit: Ghost in the Forest)
2014 © Copyright-All rights reserved www.silverthreading.com
Sponsored by Amanda, of Unique Art Chic
STEPS TO ENTER
- Create a new post and title it Pixel Prose Challenge + your post title
- Tag your post Pixel Prose Challenge
- If you create your entry on other social media sites, (or share your post to them) the hash tag is #pixelprosechallenge
- Link your post URL to the inLinkz grid, selecting your inspired photo/feature image.
- Copy and paste the inlinkz code in your own post
- Display the Pixel Prose logo on your post or sidebar
I hope you enjoyed my scary poem just in time for Halloween. I can’t wait to scare see you again,